Contact: Anne-Marie Foster,
Geriatric Care Manager
The Law Office of Richard D. Dixon
15 Holmes Street
Mystic, CT 06355
As a medical professional and legal assistant with a certificate in geriatric care management, I can:
1. Assist an older individual choose the best location to age in place safely, based on their finances, health concerns, and personal preferences.
2. Preserve and enhance the autonomy, dignity and quality of life for an elder via education and advocacy.
3. Act as a liaison for long-distance family members, providing short or long term eldercare assistance for their loved one in their absence.
4. Conduct a care-planning assessment to identify concerns and offer solutions to a variety of eldercare issues.
5. Be a shoulder to lean on and a safe harbor before, during or after the storm of a healthcare crisis for either an elder or an adult child.
6. Review financial, legal, or medical issues and coordinate referrals to a team of professionals, as needed.
7. Provide assistance with bill paying, shopping or money management.
8. Screen, coordinate, hire and/or supervise in-home help or other services such as transportation, meal preparation or medication management.
9. Serve as a conservator, health care representative or power of attorney if there is no family or close friend available.
10. Steer and encourage an overstressed caregiver to find refuge in a support group.
For information on our law practice please click here.